There are literally hundreds of things that you could organise, take part in or get together with friends to arrange and all can easily be used to raise funds to support the LUOSKO dogs. We’ve listed some ideas below to get the ball rolling but remember it’s OK for you to have fun and enjoy yourself at the same time!
Fundraising ideas to get you started.
• Donations instead of birthday presents
• Donations instead of wedding favours
• Cake sale
• Swear box – these can fill up really quickly!
• Cleaning – clean for your neighbours and charge a fee to donate to us
• Bring and buy book sale
•'Shake a bucket' at a supermarket or station. You will need permission for this. If you have questions please contact us
• Concert or bands night
• Organise a quiz at your local Pub
• Donate your skills – are you a dog groomer, hairdresser, mechanic, beautician, gardener, cook etc, etc? Do what you do best in exchange for a donation to Freshfields
• Come Dine With Me event – charge a fee to enter and everyone brings a course!
• Create an animal themed fantasy football league
• Car boot sale – using your own unwanted items and/or donations or get all your family/friends involved
• Golf day
• Football tournament
• Sponsored dog walk
• Car wash
Fundraising in School
There are dozens of ways you can have fun and raise funds to support the dogs. You could even run a competition with an entry fee to decide whose idea is best.
Here are a few of our favourites:
• An animal themed sports day – any pet animal of your choice. Will your bunny be the one to hop across the finish line first?
• Non-uniform day – dress like a dog for the day, or, simply settle for your favourite pair of jeans!
• Cake sale – bring in some baked goods and ask for donations from your classmates and teachers
• Ask if ticket sales from the next concert or play can be donated to us.
• Sponsored silence – your teachers will be happy and you will raise lots of money.
• Talent competition –Invite parents and teachers along to watch as you put on a show and reveal everyone’s hidden talents, in return for a donation.
• Guess the number of sweets or marbles in a jar – fill a jar with sweets, marbles or even dog biscuits and take it around each class – for a £1 donation everyone can have a guess and the closest answer wins a prize.
Charity of the year
Does your school, college or university support a different charity each year? If so, we would love for you to choose LUOSKO as your charity of the year! Please contact our fundraising team for further information and to find out what we might be able to do to support you in return.
Fundraise in Workplace
Workplace fundraising can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. Try to get the boss on board first if you are hoping to go for something a little more creative!
A few more popular ideas:
• Ask your boss to donate an additional day’s holiday and charge to enter a raffle to win it.
• Have your very own workplace swear box – guaranteed to be a fundraising success!
• Hold a cake sale or bake off – nominate your very own Mary Berry or Paul Hollywood to judge
• Dress as a dog for the day – get all your colleagues to pay a fee.
• Put a collection box in the kitchen and ask people to make a donation for each cup of tea or coffee they drink
• Organise a quiz evening – ask the local pub or club if you can hold it there and round up your teams. Adding on a raffle could raise even more.
• Encourage staff to donate an hour's salary and ask your employer to match it
• Hold an auction of promises – how high will people go for a weeks’ worth of tea making or taking over their early morning shift?
• Set up an arm wrestling contest in the canteen. Charge an entry fee and ask the boss to supply a prize for the winner.
Sending in the money you have raised
• When your event is finished, it is sensible to collect the money you have raised as quickly as possible.
• Ensure that two people are present when you are counting cash.
• Any cash or cheques made payable to you should be banked and then you should make your own cheque for the amount raised payable to LUOSKO German Shepherd Dog Rescue. Please don't send cash through the post (Although you can drop in to us by hand).
• Please include any sponsorship forms you have used or a note so we know if we are able to claim Gift Aid - this means your gift to us could be worth 25 per cent more to us.
• Please enclose your completed Money Return Form or a note with your name, address, postcode and details of the event. We’d like to thank you properly for your fundraising efforts and this will helps us to do that.
Please send your cheques and forms to:
Fundraising Team, LUOSKO German Shepherd Dog Rescue, Haden House Farm, Delphouse Rd, Cheadle, Staffs, ST10 2BNN
If you have any issues or questions feel free to call us on 08445 881473